Affiliate marketing strategies are the methods or ways that tie in all aspects of affiliate marketing. Why use strategies? Simple – you have blueprints that you can use over and over again. No more staring at the computer screen thinking of your next move.
Affiliate Marketing Strategies – The One Most Widely Used
Out of the most widely used affiliate marketing strategies, the most common one is to use your site as a landing place for visitors. Here are the things you will need:
Web Hosting and a Domain
I must repeat myself here again – do not use free website / blog platforms (such as Blogger or WordPress.com) if you intend to take up affiliate or internet marketing seriously. You will need professional web hosting that is reliable and affordable. Why? You are dependent on the provider and your site could be removed at any time.
Torn between choosing Bluehost or Hostgator? Check out this comparison.
If you have already decided that you want to get web hosting, I can only recommend Bluehost. For only $4.95 a month you get reliable web hosting and a FREE domain. Click Here to Take Advantage of This Limited Special Offer
Your affiliate site
Your site can be a blog or website. Some people freeze at the thought of creating a website or blog. They think it’s difficult and technical. They are right but only because they have not come across the right tools.
However there is nothing stopping you from creating your own blog or website. If you want to create a website then I would recommend using XsitePro as I have used it to build websites myself. However if you want to build a blog then WordPress from wordpress.org is the winner.
However you don’t need to build a website or blog to start using many affiliate marketing strategies. You can just have a domain that has your niche in it. Then a simple redirection to the merchant’s site is all you need. Domain redirects is explained in greater detail in redirecting affiliate links.
Affiliate Marketing and the Products to Promote
If you are a bit unsure how affiliate marketing works and what to watch out for, then check out the blueprint about affiliate marketing. Then you can start thinking about products to promote.
It’s no use loving a niche if there are no products to promote. Usually a niche that has demand will usually have related products. Before choosing a product to promote and checking out affiliate merchants, please read affiliate marketing products for some valuable tips.
Traffic means visitors and without them you cannot sell anything. No traffic means no money.
Other Affiliate Marketing Strategies You Can Use
Here are a few affiliate marketing strategies that you can use:
- This is one affiliate marketing strategy I like and used before. Create a simple report, include good content and some affiliate links and give it a way for free from your site. Advise readers that they can give the ebook to anyone they know. In this way, your ebook starts to be passed around with the increased possibility of more sales and readership. This method is called viral marketing.
- Article marketing is another favourite strategy used by internet marketers. I use it myself. Seen as time-consuming by some, writing articles builds backlinks and allows promotion of your site.
- Video is the big thing at the moment and getting easier to create by the day. All you need is a webcam and a microphone. For more information, please read the computer resources to set up an online business. Then record a video promoting your site and put it on YouTube. You can also use your articles to build video. These affiliate marketing strategies are commonly used in video marketing.
- Just created a video? Then take out the audio from it and create a podcast. Or just get an article you wrote and record yourself reading it. In all recordings, clearly repeat your website Url so that it could be easily identified and typed into a browser. Then upload your recording to podcasts sites like PodcastingNews.
- Your site has a great advantage of receiving visitors to get more information about what they seek. Capture their email address and build a list. Then send out informative emails and weave in your affiliate links. This method is called email marketing and you can try it below:
- This is one of the best affiliate marketing strategies but is long term in nature. Build an authority site about a topic you are passionate about. Create good content and you will be rewarded by search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. Good content allows your site to start rising in search engines rankings. Good visibility means more traffic and it’s all free. Put in a few affiliate marketing products and sales might start to roll in.
So with these affiliate marketing strategies in mind you can start to use affiliate marketing to earn money online. If you prefer not to create a blog or website, then please read affiliate marketing without a website.